There are many different ways that you can Help!
We are a charitable organization fully run on donations and local volunteers. We are always looking for support.
Some ways to help include:
Make a Monetary Donation
One Time Donation – donate thru Canadahelps.org a safe easy way to make a one time donation.
Monthly Donations – easy to set up thru Canadahelps.org – a safe and easy way to donate monthly.
When you donate to an Alberta Charity - Enhanced Charitable Tax Credit
* Effective January 2007, the Alberta tax credit for eligible charitable donations that exceed $200 in a tax year has increased from 12.75 per cent to 21 per cent of the amount donated.Monthly Donations – easy to set up thru Canadahelps.org – a safe and easy way to donate monthly.
* When added to the federal tax credit of 29 per cent, this gives Albertans a 50 per cent tax credit on those donations – one of the highest charitable tax credits in Canada
* The first $200 in eligible charitable donations made in a tax year continues to receive a federal tax redit of 15 per cent and an Alberta tax credit of 10 per cent.
* NOTE: Further information is available online at http://culture.alberta.ca/communityspirit/taxcredit.aspx
Employee Matching Programs Many companies such as Encana, Husky Energy, ATB (Alberta Treasury Branch), BMO Bank of Montreal, Suncor, Chevron, Telus etc have employee matching programs. This is where your donation will be matched by the company you work for.
Bequest in Will Bequests can be made through your will leaving a specific monetary amount or a percentage of your assets.
Life Insurance Happy Cat Sanctuary can be named as the irrevocable beneficiary of a whole life insurance policy or you may wish to invest in a new policy. Premiums paid on life insurance policies are tax deductible today with a charity named as the irrevocable beneficiary.
Become a Foster Home
We are always looking for loving homes to take in one of our cats to care for as a foster. Have a look at our page on what it is to be a foster home and how to apply. Foster a cat today!
Build an Outdoor Cat Shelter
When you have a feral/wild cat living in your neighborhood you could build it a nice cozy house for the winter.
Ashot’s All Weather Bin Shelter
Feral Villa – The World’s Best Outdoor Shelter
Neighborhood Cats – Feral Cat Winter Shelter
P.A.C.T. Humane Society’s – Feral Cat Winter Shelter Ideas
Winnipeg Humane Society – A Styrofoam Shelter – Helping Cats Survive the Cold
Donate Canned Food or Litter
We are always in need of canned cat food and litter. Can be dropped off at The Red Carrot in Strathmore, AB.
United Way Donations
Although Happy Cat Sanctuary is not an official United Way charity, you are able to choose to direct your donation to Happy Cat Sanctuary for a small administration fee.
Canadian Tire Money & Calgary Co-op Gas Coupons
Please mail them to us atHappy Cat SanctuaryBox 2311, Strathmore, ABT1P 1K3
Or drop them off to us at The Red Carrot in Strathmore, AB
Third Party Fundraising
A third party fundraiser is when you or your business/organization create, plan, and implement your own event and the net proceeds of the event support Happy Cat Sanctuary’s rescued cats. A third party fundraiser is a great opportunity for someone or a group of people who like to be creative, plan special events, organize people, collect donations, make cold calls, and think outside the box.Happy Cat Sanctuary Society of Alberta CRA # 82558 5359 Society #5013643662
Here are a few ideas for third party fundraising:
- For you next birthday or anniversary ask your friends to make a donation to Happy Cat.
- Hold a Garage or Yard Sale and donate the proceeds.
- Hold a book sale or craft sale.
- Get a group of people together and have a bottle drive.
- Set up a table in a local shopping centre and collect donations.
- You and your children can go door to door.
Happy Cat Sanctuary Society of Alberta CRA # 82558 5359 Society #5013643662
Thank You for any assistance you can provide. The Cats Thank You.
"Never, never be afraid to do what’s right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society’s punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way.”
~ Martin Luther King, Jr.